Hugging therapy is a powerful way to heal our bodies and spirits, and is an effective support to our immune and autonomic systems in recovering from sickness, loneliness, depression, anxiety and stress. Below are a few of the benefits of hugging:
- Hugging helps to build trust and a sense of safety.
- Hugs can increase oxytocin levels, which heal feelings of loneliness, isolation, and anger.
- Holding a hug for an extended time lifts one's serotonin levels, elevating one's mood and creating joy.
- Hugging connects us to our ability to self love, which was can all generate.
- Hugging relaxes muscles and releases tension in the body.